Please remember to choose your entry level (Individual: $25.00 / $50.00 or Team: $100.00 / $150.00) and if a Team please Choose A Team Name before you proceed to check out.
Thanks, The Friends’
Beer and Wine for over 21
Dear Pumpkin Carver:
This year Brandywine Creek State Park Friends’ Group is hosting our First Annual Big Fall Pumpkin Carve! It is scheduled on Saturday, October 22nd 2016 from 3pm-7pm, rain or shine. We are looking forward to your participation in this fun event!
There will be 1st, 2nd, & 3rd prizes for both individual carver-competitors and team carving competitors. Our Friends group board members and park staff will be judging all entries, as well as the public having opportunity to cast their vote for their favorite as well. All carving will take place day of the event, with judging to occur beginning at 6pm and winners being announced by 6:45pm at the event.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING RULES CAREFULLY. To qualify for the award categories, the participating pumpkin and carver must comply with the contest’s general guidelines as follows:
- Complete this form and submit with payment. Forms may be submitted by mail or email at Pumpkin@friendsofbcsp.org. OR Payment can be made on the friendsofbcsp.org website. Registration is not complete until payment and registration forms are complete. Pumpkins are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis, and there are a limited number of pumpkins. Additional carvers are put on a waiting list to replace registered carvers who don’t show day of the Carve.
- Carver check-in is on Saturday, October 22nd at 2pm and not any earlier. (Event is from 3-7pm)
- BRING YOUR OWN CANDLES. It is your responsibility to illuminate your pumpkin for judging consideration.
- If a carver is not carving his or her pumpkin by 3:30pm without notice that he or she is running late, then that pumpkin will be forfeited to a carver on the waiting list.
- Carving MUST be completed by 6pm on Saturday to be eligible for judging. Winners will be announced at 6:45pm and winners will be posted on the Friends of BCSP Facebook page and website by Monday by 12:00 noon
- No vehicles in the meadow or carving/event area. Please be prepared to transport all necessary tools from the parking lot. You may bring a wheelbarrow, wagon, or other non-mechanized form of transport.
- Carvers may be individuals or teams of four (4). No teams larger than four per pumpkin.
- Carvers ages 12-16 years old MUST be accompanied by an adult. (no carvers under 12 permitted)
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES are permitted. Carvers may not consume alcoholic beverages during the competition.
- NO DOGS ALLOWED in the carving area. No exceptions.
- ELECTRIFICATION in the final presentation in a way disqualifies you from the awards. Dremmel type tools are allowed for carving.
- The use of any additional materials as design elements, items other than the assigned pumpkin or its natural components (seeds, “guts”, and the pumpkin itself), will make the pumpkin ineligible for all awards.
- If you want to take your carved pumpkin home AFTER the event, you will need to call the Brandywine Creek State Park office on Monday, October 24th to make arrangements. You must come by the end of Tuesday, October 25th at 4pm.
NOTE: Pumpkins are composted early Wednesday morning, October 26th if not picked up Tuesday evening.
Please remember: your registration must be received to us by Friday, October 14th, 2016. The sooner, the better. See you on the 22nd!
The Friends of Brandywine Creek State Park